Friday, June 29, 2012

Scuba Diving

Grand Cayman is known for diving vacations. It is one of the top diving destinations. People travel to Grand Cayman to evolve their vacation around scuba diving. That was the reason I went to Grand Cayman actually. Well I did not scuba dive but my cousin and her husband did. They invited me along on their vacation to babysit their 6 year old daughter while they went scuba diving. (This is why I address my cousin all the time in my blog). They went on 13 dives the 6 days we were there.

Divers can choose from a variety of dive sites. There are about 175 sites to choose from. Divers can explore steep, deep walls, swim-throughs, sponges and colorful corals, reefs, wrecks, and all of the marine life. You might see, sea turtles, angel fish, lobsters, eels, groupers, parrot fish, etc. etc. etc. Most dive sites are just minutes from the shore. The Kittiwake is the latest dive attraction and is quickly becoming one of the most popular Caribbean dive sites. A submarine rescue vessel sunk in 2011 and has taken up the northern tip of Seven Mile Beach.

Grand Cayman is strict with reef conservation. You are not allowed to touch or harm them in any way. Grand Cayman's reefs offer a variety of marine life encounters. This gives photographers and videographers great photo opportunities to capture. These reefs are unspoiled while corals thrive in the warm water. Experienced divers also have the option of wall diving to witness the beautiful sea life at a different level.

This is my cousin exploring reefs of Grand Cayman.

No comments:

Post a Comment