Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Shopping!

So who doesn't love to shop while they are on vacation? Well, I know I sure do. I usually need to do some souvenir shopping for friends and family and of course, I need to do some shopping for myself. Shopping is mostly takes place in Georgetown, which is the capital of the Grand Cayman. I had the chance to shop around Georgetown my last day on the island. There were tons of little stores along the coast of the ocean. I noticed that Georgetown was where the cruises docked the ships so people could explore the island on the cruise. Anyway, there were tons of beautiful jewelry stores everywhere, which was very tempting for myself. Also, there were restaurants, souvenir shops, duty-free shops, luxury shops, etc, etc, etc. It is the place to go for shopping!

Georgetown was a very crowded town. The roads were full of cars and parking was hard to find. If you wanted to go shopping you have to make a whole day out of it or else to would not be worth it. On the other hand, we were shopping while a cruise ship was docked so it might have been more crowded. My guess would be if you go when a cruise is not scheduled for that day, the town would not be as crowded.

I did not buy a lot while I was there, maybe next time I visit I can invest in some jewelry! I did buy a Christmas ornament for myself. It is a stingray with santa laying across it holding on. I try and buy an unique ornament for every place I travel too. It is a great remembrance that could last forever and I will not get sick of. :) Just an idea if you want to start your own collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment