Monday, June 18, 2012

When to Travel

If it was up to me, I would think anytime of the year it would be great time to visit the Grand Caymans! Unfortunately, this is not always the case. The busiest time of the year for the island is December through April. The weather is a comfortable, high temperature, and who would not want to hang out on a beach during winter time? The island's rainy season is supposedly May through November. 

My vacation was the second week of June and it was beautiful weather, so maybe we were lucky. Some people do not travel there during the summer months because the sun is too strong for them. So, if you do not enjoy high heat I would definitely recommend visiting during the winter months. Everyday it reached at least 90 degrees. Maybe that is where I differed from others, because the weather was one of my favorite parts! It did rain a minimal amount a couple days, but it only lasted for around five minutes each time and was followed by a clear sky right after. Sometimes, if I was inside while it rained, I would not even notice.

Everyday, I was there at some point we were able to hang out by the pool of the condo we stayed at, which I will tell you more about in my next blogs! We also visited a couple beaches, and enjoyed the gorgeous ocean. The water was so clear. I could see my feet at the bottom every time! No wonder they call it the world's leading scuba diving destinations! 

No comments:

Post a Comment