Thursday, June 21, 2012

Cayman Turtle Farm

The Cayman Turtle Farm was a great attraction to visit. It was fun for all ages, but I believe it is geared more to younger children. My 6 year old little cousin LOVED this place, and wanted to go there everyday for the rest of our vacation! If you plan to visit there go during the morning because it closes at four everyday and you need to give yourself some time there. The pricing is a little high but it seems like a lot is expensive on the island and it's worth it!

The park had plenty to see. There was  a breeding pond filled with hundreds of HUGE sea turtles. They said there were some weighing in more than 500 pounds! Also, there was several tanks filled with younger turtles. They allowed you to touch or pick up these turtles. Well that was if you can catch them! That was my cousin's favorite part of the park. She did not want to leave them either. I have to say though, it was my first time I held a sea turtle, so it was pretty awesome!

Turtles was not the only animal at the park, you can see sharks, barracuda, and even a crocodile! You can go snorkeling with turtles and other marine life. You can feed Caribbean birds out of your hand for only $1US dollar. I almost forgot that I did have one bad experience with the birds. The employee that worked with the birds put a bird on my shoulder so I can have a picture, but sure enough the bird had to use the bathroom! (Yuck!) For more information on the Cayman Turtle Farm visit their website HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment