Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Where is Grand Cayman located?



Hey everyone! I hope everyone is doing great as am I. Before I start getting into details and recommendations about the prettiest place to be in my blog. I want to inform you on the island itself, such as the location and a little background to make sure all of us are on the same page. Sorry to the people that are reading this thinking 'how do you not know where the Grand Cayman Island is?' Well, when I was informing people about my vacation, a pretty big chunk of people asked me where the island was. So here is a little geography lesson for you today on the Cayman Islands! :)

The Cayman islands consists of three islands, which are the Grand Cayman, Little Cayman, and Cayman Brac (see map above of the islands). The islands are in the western Caribbean Sea and is  south of Cuba and northwest of Jamaica. Grand Cayman is the largest of the three islands and where most of the tourists visit especially since that is where the international airport is located. The island is about 22 miles long and 8 miles wide, so it is a rather small island to be on. One of the positives to this was we were rather close to everything. The Cayman Islands are considered to be a British Overseas Territory, which was new to me. This island is becoming more and more popular for vacation. Most of the visitors are Americans, which is not surprising to me because the islands are located so close to the east coast. While on vacation for the week, we met mostly Americans, one couple from Turkey that lived there, and a couple locals. The locals were very down to earth and relaxed. There is definitely a mix of cultures on the island but growing more and more for the tourists.

Now that we are back on the same page about the location, come back to visit my blog about some activities!

No comments:

Post a Comment