Monday, July 2, 2012

Welcome to Hell?

Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a great weekend! :) Monday is not my favorite day of the week so I figured pairing it with Hell, Grand Cayman was necessary. You probably read my title and thought, 'uh what?' Don't worry I thought the same thing when I was told about Hell. Other vacationers we met on our vacation told us we should visit Hell. I was confused at first, but they really did mean a place in Grand Cayman!

Hell is located in West Bay, Grand Cayman. It is a group of black, limestone formations. They are spiky and a little creepy looking. It is about half the size of a soccer field. You are not allowed to walk on the formations so they do not get damaged, but there is viewing platforms. There are many different stories as to why it is named Hell. Some say an official was there and said, 'This looks like Hell,' and some stories say if a pebble is thrown out on the rocks, it hits the rocks and ridges and the sound it makes sounds like it is falling all the way to Hell. However it got the name Hell, there is a post office there you can visit. Obviously, it is called Hell Post Office. You can send a postcard to family or friends at home that say fun sayings, like 'We were in Hell, Grand Cayman' or 'Welcome to Hell.' I do have a warning for you though, I would not visit the post office unless you want to be greeted by someone dressed as a devil, saying 'how the Hell are you?' or 'Where the Hell are you from' or 'What a Hell of a day!'

It is a interesting place to say the least! It is a fun place to visit and a good experience to say you have been there, but you do not need to spend too much time there. I mean once you take a picture in Hell, and send a postcard, there is not much else to do. So plan another attraction on the day you visit Hell so you are not disappointed with wasting a whole day!
(Hell Post Office)

(Hell, Grand Cayman)

No comments:

Post a Comment